Links

Home     About     Contact     Press     Yellow Skirt     SKETCHES

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Social media tutorial, heh

Part 1: How to use Instagram 
My "student" has her new phone, whilst I, Grand Master Supreme, demonstrate my superior IG expertise with my phone.

Me: Okay, and then you click that button there and you should see that. Oh, you don't see it. Well, go back. No, back, back. And click that. Oh, hmm, not THAT, wait, go back. Oh, yeah, this is a good feature, just click there and then you see... Oops. 

Yeah - no! NO! Click NEXT. Wait, your phone doesn't have NEXT and mine does. Why don't you have NEXT? So we'll go back, no, not there, probably it's here somewhere...


Highly productive, highly. At least we had some booze and breakfast and photo-taking, hot booze, the kind that burns going down but looks so innocent, the colour of fruit. 

And we baked on a rooftop, not as in kitchen. The heat was good just the same, although I didn't get golden brown and a toothpick didn't pop out of my head when I was "done," which would be a neat trick.  


Part 2: How to upload photos from a laptop to Instagram
My "student" has her phone and a laptop. I, Grand Master Supreme, have nothing, absolutely nothing, except a few crumbs of toast on my top.

Me: Right, so, if you upload to here you can... No, wait, not to your laptop, let's try your phone. How did you do that? Show me again. Okay, I see it. Great! It's there! (high fives all around) Hm, I forget what's next.

Student: Didn't you say to go here?


Me: RIGHT! Very good. Now, how about you delete some of this stuff here? No, don't. DON'T! Go back, BACK. Okay, good. Where's your thingie? That little box thing... 

Student: You mean the icon?

Me: Jeez, looks like you're full so you can do another account over here then move those to here and delete those and then just upload there and there. Did you write that down? Oh, oops, forget everything I just said.
_______________________________________

The high point was when she clicked on a button that neither of us knew what would happen and it worked. I can't believe how good I am teaching social media! I constantly surprise myself. If you would like to book a tutorial, meet me in the bar. Or find me baking on the roof, chocolate croissants with alligator oven mitts.


I'm throwing a little hibiscus in the mix.
From bark cloth. 
From Hawaii.

Can you hear the ukuleles?
Click HERE to hear the LAVA love song. 
(Thanks, Sue)

I'll link up with Patti at Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style. I'll carry the punch bowl for you this week! In fact, I hope you just put your feet up and enjoy the show. And I'll link up with Catherine at #iwillwearwhatilike at Not Dressed as Lamb too. 



34 comments:

  1. Ha ha, Mel, this sounds exactly like a tutorial between my beloved husband and me. Except I think you are nicer. Your dress is an absolute stunner, and I couldn't agree more about liquor that has a fruity appearance.It's the best. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we've all been there. It's easier being nice when you're in public and alcohol is involved. Heh. xox

      Delete
  2. Great dress. You are stunning as usual. Love bark cloth – something you rarely see these days. Fabulous location. Where do you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a street prowler, Barbara. Bark cloth is divine, isn't it? xox

      Delete
  3. The ukulele you hear is Thom's Fairy Dust Uke! He's playing it just for you and your Hawaiian dress. 🌺🌺🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the sheet music and will bring a copy for Thom!

      Delete
    2. That's great! I remembered that song you mentioned and listened to it the whole time I was writing. Now I can't get it out of my head. Hahaha. xox

      Delete
  4. Book me a tutorial in the bar stat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One tutorial coming right up, straight! xox

      Delete
  5. I lava this dress Mel! Makes me all kind of happy seeing it while listening to the Lava song.

    At the end of the day, VB is doing a schtellar job on IG. You done good with your protege Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dress really does have the spirit of the tropics in it. I'm glad I freed it from the space bags before the end of summer. I agree, VB has really taken to IG! xox

      Delete
  6. That is a sweet vintage Hawaiian dress - so many of them in the stores here (the vintage stores, of course, not the real retail stores). Love the colours. I am hopeless at the New Media. Don't leave a phone near me or I will shake it until it does something, like rattle, heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the vintage stores are pretty much all that counts. My phone doesn't have a phone plan but I certainly stretch it on the data for IG. You don't need a phone - you post like a goddess demon on your blog. xox

      Delete
  7. Well, Alo Ha!! Beautiful dress. Beautiful you dancing under the lanterns. I need a tutorial and a kick in the pants. Think you can manage that? I'll meet you in the bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a couple drink, a tutorial, and a kick in the pants coming right up! Hahaha. I would love to meet you in the bar. What will you wear? xox

      Delete
  8. I would like to book a tutorial just so we can meet in the bar and have chocolate croissants. I love candy-coloured barkcloth dresses; someday I will find one to fit me. In the meantime, I can drool a little over your beautiful hibiscus dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, we'll have a tutorial in the bar, or wherever else we feel like it. Or no tutorial at all. We'll make new rules. I often wish you were here! xox

      Delete
  9. I would like a tutorial in the bar, it sounds exactly like my kind of thing!, yes. I would also enjoy some baking if it involves alligator oven mitts!
    I'm in love with your dress, it has all kinds of fabulousness!, the color, the print, your smile when you walk wearing it!!! Fabulousness!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see clearly now that I would make my fortune teaching tutorial in the bar. Hahaha!! The baking would have to be from a mix, but it would taste good because I know how to add extra chocolate chips.
      I can see you in a dress like this! xox

      Delete
  10. I would add "here let ME do it", and "oh sorry, I deleted everything" if it was my life!
    You have the best tutes. Definitely booking in for a turn :-)
    Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! Hahaha!! The lesson will become a big party it looks like. Heh.

      Delete
  11. Haha, this sounds exactly like me teaching my Mum how to use Instagram... or yesterday when my sister-in-law and I were trying to work out snapchat and in the end we both gave up, promising ourselves we'd get our kids to teach us when we got home. Now I see what our mistake was... the criminal lack of booze in the equation #ohtheshame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, and you look faaaaabulous! I should have given you my hot-pink mitts when i had the chance!!

      Delete
    2. So funny that you will get your kids to teach you - they would be the best at it. But the liquidation factor does improve one's chances of success, definitely. I love your hot-pink mitt but they do look ever so nice with your green outfit! xox

      Delete
  12. Whenever I see that happy stride I know there's something special about the way the outfit "feels" but a hibiscus print could bring that on all by itself!
    Boo hiss to tutorials involving varietal devices and social media sites. Love, Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a good detective. It IS a happy stride. Well, and I had to hurry to avoid the pedestrians, so pacing was good. I say, banish the tutorial and just go for the partay! Thanks, Jude! xox

      Delete
  13. I'm laughing with my morning coffee! I can relate as I stumble through technology and always feel at least two months behind. Or would that be two years.

    Your dress is magnificent! The color is perfect for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how many times this tutorial has been played out around the world. I'd be with you there on being behind the times. But we can revel in the fact.
      Thanks, Judith. xox

      Delete
  14. Okay then, let me try that out. ah, hmmm. Maybe later. yeah.

    Do luv your screaming pink luau dress with matching surroundings. Now if you wore your green fringy vogs with it you could be a striding full-bloomed hibiscus on the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Screaming pink it is! I adore this other-worldly colour. My fringy Vogs are a favourite with this but they are in sick bay with a chewed-up heel. I must get it mended. I love your idea of a full-stemmed flower. xox

      Delete
  15. Ha ha! This sounds like me and my parents when I'm trying to get them to turn on their computer!

    LOVE this colourful maxi!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love this post! Made me laugh and smile and fell all happy inside at the same time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I listen to the Lava song. Didn't know it. "There was a vulcanó"... hmm taking liberties here with where the the accent in the word should be.
    Anyhow... perfect dress, perfect background and perfect shoes to tone down the sweetness.
    You did ever so well. Now you see.. a bright picture like this does extremely well on IG.
    I am going to go to workshops given by Apple to learn all the possibilities of the iPhone. It is for free and I want to know more.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...